How to use Premo Guard SprayS in general:
1. Always shake well before using to fully mix the ingredients. For best results please continue to shake the bottle often to keep the ingredients mixed.
2. Spray in areas where you’ve had bed bug or mite sightings.
3. Spray in areas they’re most likely to hide or lay eggs like carpets, beddings, furniture, baseboards and any pile of clutter in the house. (note: it is best to declutter your home by bagging up and removing any items that could be a breeding ground.)
4. Do not oversaturate an area. A light mist works best. (remember shake the bottle well and shake often)
NOTE: Please do not mix Premo Guard with other chemicals. Do not spray on other surfaces where other products or chemicals have been recently applied and/or may be still wet. If you are going to spray Premo Guard before or after another product, it is best to thoroughly clean the area before applying Premo, or the other product first.
More Steps for Using Premo Bed Bug & Mite Sprays
Step 1: Preparation - Transfer linens, mattress covers, and clothing in a poly bag to a tumble dryer. If care labels allow, dry on the highest setting (140 F) for 30 minutes to kill existing bed bugs.
Step 2: Treat Bedding - Disassemble bed, and thoroughly vacuum all six sides of box springs, mattress and bed components. Vacuum furniture, carpets and floors. Spray all sides of the bed frame and headboard, all edges and seams of the mattress and box spring, any edge, corner joint, creases, nooks and crannies.
Enclose mattress and box springs in encasements to prevent bed bug entry and exit. Do not remove encasements, spray them but keep them on (you do not want to open and let any bugs inside). Premo Guard makes top quality mattress protectors. Learn more here.
Step 3: Treat Surrounding Areas -Thoroughly spray the surrounding area including nightstands, chairs and sofas, curtains, baseboards, crown moldings, carpet edges, all cracks and crevices.
Step 4: Treat Multiple Times. Bed Bugs, Mites and Lice are adept at hiding. Often times, missing bed bugs, mites or eggs can end in a recurrence (they multiply quickly). To avoid a recurrence, we suggest that you spray Premo Guard daily until you do not see anymore bugs or feel any more bites. If you need additional bottles of Premo Guard Bed Bug, Mite and Lice Killer, click here (128 oz bottle) and click here (24 oz bottle).
Prevent Bed Bugs from finding their way into your home:
- Avoid buying secondhand mattresses or couches. Think twice whether saving a few dollars is worth the risk bringing bed bugs into your home.
- Keep your house clean and clutter free because bed bugs love dust and clutter.
- Seal any cracks on the wall, sockets, baseboards or anywhere bed bugs can hide.
- If you must use the laundromat, make sure the facilities are clean. Although bed bugs will not survive an entire wash cycle, they might hitch a ride on items you’re not washing – like your bag, shoes or clothes your wearing.
- Prior to travel, spray luggage and allow to dry completely. Pack clothing and personal effects in sealable plastic bags
- After checking into a hotel, pull back the sheets back and check the along the seams of the mattress for bed bug feces
- After returning home, unpack luggage outside, or in a garage, laundry room or utility room. Leave luggage in garage, laundry or utility room
Some helpful articles on our blog
Premo Guard is thrilled to announce that a leading veterinarian has endorsed Premo Guard Pet Spray. Dr Kate Greenberg, DVM is...
What are the benefits of non-toxic bed bug sprays such as Premo Guard Bed Bug and Mite Spray in eliminating...
What are the benefits of Laundry Additives in killing bed bugs, mites, lice, fleas and their eggs and larvae? Laundry additives...
Finally there is a non-toxic product to treat biting insects on your birds. Perfect for owners of Chickens, ducks and...
What are the benefits of using Premo Guard Pet Protector Spray to protect your dogs and cats from fleas, ticks,...